Saturday, July 2, 2011

Albums to Look For - July

July 4
Viva Brother - Famous First Words

I'm very excited for this album. I heard of this band not too long ago through they're live stuff at Glastonbury and I was blown away. They sound different from most bands and they're reinventing UK rock. Definitely the gem for this month.
July 12

Theory of a Deadman - The Truth is...
Theory of a Deadman have been around a pretty good time now. I heard them a while ago and I was interested immediately. They sound different, but have a classic sound about them. Its going to be interesting to see if they can evolve their sound on this album.

The Cool Kids - When Fish Ride Bicycles
I've been looking forward to this album for a pretty good time now. The Cool Kids have been my favorite rap group since The Bake Sale, their first album, and I'm very excited for this new album. They bring an new school twist to an old school sound and their creative lyrics are great to listen to. I'm hoping they can deliver the same amount of greatness with this album as with their previous album.

Incubus - If Not Now, When?
Incubus has been around a pretty long time and many people have been anticipating they're album. According to people that listen to them frequently, many of there songs however are sadly similar at times so were hoping that they can pull out a suprise with a groundbreaking album.  They have a great live show so I'm hoping the album is as good.

July 19
3 Doors Down - Time of my Life

3 Doors Down is another veteran band out to create another great CD. They have a pretty generic sound, but I'm hoping they can create something interesting with this album.

Theophilus London - Timez Are Weird These Days
Theophilus London is a somewhat new rapper, but he easily has more talent than half of the other rappers I see out there. He has all the traits of an incredible rapper. He has great delivery, lyrical prowess, and is in a sense, a genius. This July is going to be a great month for rap.

No comments:

Post a Comment