Monday, June 27, 2011

Interview with The Dropout Plan!

SO I got an interview with one of my favorite bands from New Jersey. They're called The Dropout Plan, definitely check this out:

I'm here with Ryan from The Dropout Plan, can you tell me a little about your band?

Well we're a 5 piece, formally a 6 piece band from South Jersey. I'd like to think that we're in the genre of alternative/pop-punk/indie. But, we really try not to limit ourselves to one thing.
Now when I first heard of you, your name was really mysterious to me, so can you explain how you guys came up with the name The Dropout Plan?

Pretty much, we got our name from us all being college dropouts and this is our plan, to play music and take names.
How did you guys form the band?

It started as an acoustic act running the Coffee Shop circut for about a year or two. Just me and our former vocalist Jake. Then after about a year we pulled in Mike and Monty on guitar and Dean on drums. Then we eventually lost our other vocalist and this is where we are now.
What's your favorite part about touring and playing your music for people?

We all really just love the energy and love we get from the people who enjoy our music. That's really what it's all about for us man, the love of it.
What would you say is your most memorable moment in the band?

For me personally, it's all the places it's taken me over the years. And all the people I've met through doing this. One specific memory would be losing our van midway on tour and having to trek across America on a shit Greyhound bus. Those people that run that bus service are miserable, but it was an awesome experience. We had to leave like 90% percent of our belongings in a random hotel because we lost that van. Crazy stuff haha.
This question you can skip if you want haha, but which band is your favorite to play/ tour with?

So far I'd have to say most of the bands from our SJ scene are pretty awesome to play with. All the bands that keep it real and do this for that reason. Specifically I'd say Suit Up!, Hold Your Own, Party Attack (R.I.P), and a couple others I might have forgotten.
What are the band's goals for the future?

Our main goal is to just keep doing this for as long as humanly possible. If we can get by just surviving and being able to continue, I'd say that would be the greatest thing of all. Oh, and to be on Warped, but who doesn't have that as a goal.
Can you share any fun facts about the band?

We are extremley good at hacky sack haha, who would have thought that being in a band mean't many, many hours of perfecting the art of hack. That passed a lot of time when we we're recording waiting for our turn to get in the studio.
Thank you for giving me some of your time! And as usual, is there anything you would like to tell our viewers?

Stay true! I'd have to say be on the lookout for us because this is just the beginning for TDOP. And you can grab our album "Get Educated" on bandcamp so go pick that up. We busted our asses for that, and really want people to enjoy it!

Listen to some of there music below:



There you have it! A bunch of funloving guys with some crazy stories. Be sure to check them out.
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment